Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Calm Before The Storm

"It's not about breathing. It's about making yourself clear as water, honest and calm." (147)

During this chapter, Nadira talks to Aisha about how she is giving up because she couldn't conquer anything. Aisha is giving up on everything and in the previous chapter, Nadira saves the day. In this chapter however Aisha is talking to Nadira and she isn't very nice. " ' Do you really believe that?' 'Yes.' She snorts. 'I always thought you were the brave one. But now I think you're a coward, Aisha.' "(147)
I'm so glad that Nadira stood up to Aisha yet again. Aisha is trying to put Naidra down because Aisha was supposed to be the one who saves the day. But it didn't happen that way, because Aisha gave up.
The reason I chose this quote was because I thought that it was a great couple of sentences. The whole book is about water and breathing in a way. Nadira relates everything to water, breathing, and maps. I thought that this was a great sentence because she is talking about how you should make yourself calm before the storm. (shoot now I'm doing it!)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your idea "calm before the storm." It sounds nice, poetic, and it is important. You know you could write a poem about it-or I might during journal time!!! Like my poem inspired by you:

    Bikers
    sound
    like
    bugs
    on the
    highway.

    ReplyDelete