Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Okay, so in the book they told us that they were chanting "Ask me no questions. Tell me no lies." I read it and I searched it on google. I found a picture of Uncle Sam, saying "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies." I thought that this was kind of ironic, because in the book they are saying "Ask me no questions. Tell me no lies." because they are trying to hide from the government and with this picture the person saying this is part of the government. I thought that was kind of cool, that it comes from both sides.
What do you think of the immigrants saying it to stay away from trouble with the government and the government saying it to recruit people for the war?

2 comments:

  1. interesting. this is ironic. Was the picture meant to be ironic, or a cartoon? neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have no idea. I was just searching Ask Me No Questions on Google and it popped up..

    ReplyDelete