Monday, March 2, 2009

Diablog #2 Chapters 3 and 4

The quote I chose was, "Nobody else in our family is fat, and sometimes I feel like I've been beamed in from another genetic planet." - page 26, Chapter 4. I chose this quote because it shows what Nadira thinks of herself. She thinks that she is fat and that she doesn't belong with her family. Nadira is very self-concious. She thinks that she doesn't belong anywhere. When I read this sentence I thought that Nadira was being stupid and that she wasn't fat. Whenever people use the word fat it sounds like an insult, but it isn't supposed to be an insult. In Computer Science in the beginning of the year we watched persuasive videos, one of them was about "fat talk". They were talking about how you should use the word "fat" and how you shouldn't say things like, "Have you lost weight?" because it isn't healthy to do fat talk. Nadira should watch this video with her sister and see what she thinks of it because it hurt me that she was calling herself fat because she isn't overweight, she is perfect the way she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment