Thursday, March 19, 2009

Really, Really Big Trouble (+ a great point Puja made)

"When I climb into the passenger seat, he flips open the glove compartment to show his gun inside. His breath is hot and scratchy on my face. 'You don't know anything.' " (120)

As I read this part of chapter 14, it made me think of something that would happen on TV. I don't get why Tareq was being so threatening towards Nadira. Maybe it was because he could get in really, really big trouble if something goes wrong with what he is doing. But, who knows?
Why did he have a gun inside his car, I don't know. I think that Tareq was doing something really big and illegal for Nadira and her family. He might have done smaller jobs for other people in the past, like making them a fake greencard. But for Nadira's family it is different, I'm not quite sure on what he is doing for them, but all I know is that it is something that will help Abba get out of jail. I think it has to do with a social security number of a dead person. But that part confused me.
Puja had a really good observation in our class discussion and her blog today. She said, "I noticed that in the end of both chapters 13 and 14 Nadira has been running." I realized this while I was reading, but I totally forgot when I stopped. Thanks for bringing it up again Puja!

1 comment:

  1. i agree. Nadira is in really, really big trouble. Tareq shoudl be in even bigger trouble. Awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete