Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pink Elephants (drunk)

"We drink coffee and sip Cokes from the machine until our hands jump and twitch." (85)

I chose this quote because it made me think of a late night at my house, minus the machine. When I read this part of the book, I felt really sorry for them. I felt like if I were Aisha, I would be having a melt down of thinking it were my my fault. This was a very intense chapter, Ali Uncle got taken to jail and everyone is staying up really late hoping for the best. They are all wondering why Ali Uncle would have to go to jail, other than the fact that he doesn't have his papers. Taslima calls Tim, her "boyfriend" and lawyer, to help them. He doesn't do squat, he just talks to the people from Immigration. It didn't help at all. Tim is a really bad lawyer, I think he should find a different profession.
I have had experience with drinking Diet Coke until my hands jump and twitch, it is really funny to watch, but kind of scary at the same time. Mostly because you feel really, really hyper and it feels like you can't control yourself. Sometimes it feels as if you are drunk because you have had so much caffeine and you are super tired. It is really fun. You never stop finding things funny.

1 comment:

  1. i like your reference to your experiences with Diet Coke. Personally, I think that Diet Coke is scary, but they like it so okay. :) Awesome quote! I agree about Tim. I think he's a little too green for law. Maybe something that involves pointing a cellphone at someone like a gun XP.

    ReplyDelete