Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Diablog #3 - Chapter 5

"We try to get lost in the landscape of backpacks and book reports." -page 29

I chose this sentence because I thought it was a very good description of a school, and how the immigrants try to hide from it all. The first part of the sentence is really cool, "We try to get lost in the landscape" I love it because at first it sounds like they are talking about a painting. The way Marina Buhdos described it made it sound a lot better than something like, "We try to hide that we are now illegal immigrants." Do you agree?
In this chapter they are back at Flushing High School and they are trying not to have people know that they are now illegal immigrants. If I were part of their family I would have a hard time going to school because, first of all, it is called Flushing High School. Second of all, I would want to tell my friend that I might have to leave soon, because my father was arrested, and my mother was staying behind with him. I would tell my friends that I was only there for my sister Aisha's sake. I would be pretty pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment