Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Debate Team?

"If you're going to fight an enemy, you have to understand their argument." (76)

When I was reading this chapter, this sentence popped out at me. It popped out at me, because I think that I have heard it before. Over the weekend, I watch The Great Debaters. I think that they said this in the movie. It is very true that if you are going to fight with someone you have to understand the argument first. People don't really do this, they just fight. I don't get why Aisha is bringing this up now because she was fighting with Taslima about the letter, as they she said it. This was a very interesting chapter.

I think Aisha should be on the debate team.

3 comments:

  1. Great,

    I love the connection you made with the text and the movie The Great Debaters. Yes, Denzel Washington said a line almost exactly the same.I also do agree that this was an interesting chapter and a not so brilliant time to bring it up. I think if Aisha would of brought this up a while back it could have helped a lot more. But you never know it's worth a try.

    Good Job

    ~DaVaughn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aisha is on debate team (as far as i can remember)
    aisha would be a REALLY good debater, but she can be a little irrational sometimes, just rushing into things without thinking it through all the way.
    ~ari

    ReplyDelete